5 WAYS A PRIVATE SESSION CAN HELP
There are many reasons to consider booking a private yoga lesson or exercise physiology session. Below we explain a little bit about the differences and why these kind of sessions might be just what you need to help get out of pain, improve your motivation, or stay on track with your yoga + wellbeing goals.
1. Fine tune your yoga technique
- Private yoga sessions can help you to fine tune your yoga practice and it's a fantastic way to touch base personally with your teacher 3-4 times a year to avoid 'yoga plateau'.
- Working one-on-one with a teacher can address common misalignments and give us as the teacher - the one on one time with you to help refine your practice or find modifications to suit your body that you can then use in an open class.
2. Perfect for beginners
- A private session is a fantastic way to overcome beginners nerves. You might feel anxious about joining a regular class - especially if you haven't exercised in a while, or feel like you might be holding the group back. Taking a private lesson before a course or class can help us offer you suggestions so you feel more at ease and confident once you DO join a group class.
- We can also help you create the best path forward having worked with you one on one and recommend continued private lessons, a beginners course, or general open classes. In some cases - we may refer you onto a different style of yoga or health professional if we aren't the best fit for you right now.
3. Managing injury or pain using Exercise Physiology
- If you have a chronic injury, ongoing pain, or have sought other forms of treatment without luck, an Exercise Physiology session can be a fantastic option. In this type of session an Accredited Exercise Physiologist will take a full medical history, range of motion testing, as well as discuss lifestyle issues that might be contributing to the issue. Because Exercise Physiology is covered under most private health funds, and additionally may be offset by medicare under a Health Care Plan fro your GP, this can be an economical way for you to take private lessons and receive specialised and professional treatment for an injury.
4. Managing depression or anxiety
- Exercise and physical activity can have an incredibly positive effect on mental health. It has been shown to effectively manage, reduce, or in some cases eliminate certain mental health disorders. Commencement of a regular and habitual exercise routine can prevent the onset of certain disorders.
- Exercise as a treatment has been shown to have a substantial impact on the brain and the associated benefits, including overall happiness and well being, as well as confidence and improved self-esteem.
5. Fine tune your alignment, muscle tone and definition
- Private sessions will target posture and structural alignment, as more than 90% of us require postural strengthening and alignment correction.
PRIVATE YOGA LESSONS, INJURIES + CHOOSING A TEACHER
Under the guidance of Russell Young - An Accredited Exercise Physiologist we combine the wisdom of yoga practices such as breath work and meditation that can help address stress related issues, alongside professional approach to musculoskeletal assessment. We also work closely with other medical and allied health professionals to get a correct diagnosis and treatment plan in place.
It might surprise you to know that someone with a basic yoga qualification, has generally only completed 20 hours of instruction relating to anatomy & physiology as part of their training - as such when booking a private lesson at Younga Yoga Studio - you can expect gold standard in assessment & care.