Why consider a private yoga or exercise physiology session?
For individual attention or for help with specific issues, private one-on-one appointments are available.
1. Fine tune your yoga technique
- Private yoga sessions can help you to fine tune your yoga practice.
- Working one-on-one with a teacher can address your alignment and yoga technique, or help to find modifications to suit your body that you can then use in an open class.
2. Perfect for beginners
- A private session can help provide an assessment if you're unsure about your physical capability to join an open yoga class.
- The teacher can work with you on your alignment and may suggest some modifications that you could use in a class or make a suggestion about the most suitable class for you to attend at this stage.
3. Managing injury or pain
- If you are carrying pain or injury, an exercise physiology session can address your issues and develop a personal program that may help you to heal and overcome pain. Drawing on yoga, somatics, breath awareness and meditation, you will be guided to practices that will assist your particular circumstances.
4. Managing depression or anxiety
- Exercise and physical activity can have an incredibly positive effect on mental health. It has been shown to effectively manage, reduce, or in some cases eliminate certain mental health disorders. Commencement of a regular and habitual exercise routine can prevent the onset of certain disorders.
- Exercise as a treatment has been shown to have a substantial impact on the brain and the associated benefits, including overall happiness and well being, as well as confidence and improved self-esteem.
5. Fine tune your alignment, muscle tone and definition
- Private sessions will target posture and structural alignment, as more than 90% of us require postural strengthening and alignment correction.